How to apply
Log into the Professional Practice Portal and complete the Opening a New Facility – Inspection Application. When asked to Review & Edit the Additional Scope of Practice Services provided at your practice, you must check all that apply to complete the form. For assistance, see the Guide to Facility Directors. An Accreditation Inspector will contact the facility director directly to schedule the inspection. Accreditation Inspectors are scheduling inspections 3-4 weeks in advance.
New practice fee
The new practice inspection fee includes new practice inspection and medical records check.
- Practice with Essential Standards only: $450
- Practice with Essential Standards and ≤5 Additional Scope of Practice Standards: $500
- Practice with Essential Standards and ≥ 6 Additional Scope of Practice Standards: $550
Naming a veterinary facility
Owners of accredited veterinary facilities can name their facility as they wish if it is in accordance with the new regulatory language related to advertising which is outlined in the Professional Practice Standard - Advertising.
The facility name will need to comply with the following rules:
1. It must be factual, accurate and verifiable.
2. It must not,
- Be false, misleading, or deceptive by the inclusion or omission of words,
- Contain any comparative or superlative words, or
- Contain any endorsement or promotion of drugs or third-party service providers.
3. It must not reasonably be regarded by members as likely to demean the integrity or dignity of the profession or to bring the profession into disrepute.
4. It shall not contain a term, title or designation which indicates specialization in veterinary medicine or represents to the public that the member is a specialist or is specially qualified in a branch of veterinary medicine, unless the member is qualified in that specialization.
For additional information: