The owner of the veterinary facility or a partner in the practice conducted in or from the facility is the holder of the certificate of accreditation. They must immediately inform the College if any of the following events occur:
- Any change to the name of the veterinary facility.
- Any change in the type of species treated in or from the facility.
- Any change in the scope of veterinary services offered in or from the facility.
- The relocation of the veterinary facility or of a stationary element of a facility with a mobile element.
- Any change in the identity of the facility director.
- The facility no longer has any members who would satisfy the requirements set out in paragraph 3 of subsection 11 (2).
They must ensure that the certificate of accreditation is posted visibly in the veterinary facility; or in the case of a mobile facility, makes the certificate of accreditation available for review upon request.
In practices where an owner of the facility is not the facility director, there are different people filling these roles – one is both the owner and the holder of the certificate of accreditation, and the other is the facility director.