How the College protects the privacy of your personal information in all your dealings with the College.
Your privacy is protected when you visit the College website.
The College of Veterinarians of Ontario recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information. During a visit to www.cvo.org, your privacy is respected.
- We do not collect personal information about you unless you choose to send us an e-mail, in which you voluntarily provide your name and contact information.
- Site visitors’ personal information received by e-mail is provided only to College staff members who require the information to respond to inquiries. We do not use this information for any other purpose. We protect all personal information in our custody with strong security safeguards, including strict access controls.
- We may use Internet address information to personally identify you when necessary to enforce rights, or when required to do so by law.
- Our website is hosted on servers owned and managed by a third party. Applicable law protects any personal information collected on our behalf by this third party.
- Our servers automatically log information about visits to our website in the normal course of establishing and maintaining web connections. Server logs record statistical information, such as time and duration of visit, pages requested, and browser types. These statistics are reported in aggregate forms to our communications staff. This information does not personally identify you.
- We do not link server log information to any other data in a way that would enable us to identify individual visitors. This tracked information will not be used by any other organization.
- Other sites to which we provide links may be governed by different policies. The College does not assume responsibility for the information practices of these other websites. We encourage web visitors to review the privacy policies and statements of all externally linked sites.